Various hotels, bars, and restaurants are hiring africans, and other foreigners in chef and cook positions whether you want to join part-time, full-time, or weekend, dwell on this post to find great chef jobs near you in Canada. We even have listed private chef jobs! So, let’s explore all available hotel jobs in Canada including chef and cook job openings.
Latest Chef Jobs in Canada with Work Permit 2023
|Job Location||Across Canada|
|Nationality||All Nationality Can Apply|
|Education||Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management|
|Salary Range||Depending Upon Job Title|
Cook Jobs in Canada for Freshers | Chef Job Vacancies
This post is brought to you for seeking professional chef jobs. This post is a job posting service focused on connecting people with a community of qualified cooking professionals for hotels, restaurants, and bars. If you want to get chef jobs in Canada as a foreigner, then you need to immigrate to Canada using Canada Express Entry program or Working Holiday Visa in Canada.
So whether you’re looking for a chef, pastry chef, cook, or line cook, or you’re a professional chef/cook looking for work in Canada— below we have listed all the latest job vacancies that satisfy your career needs in Canada.
All the Chef job vacancies are collected from Job Bank Canada. So, if you want to apply for the latest cook job openings directly through Canada Job Bank just click here.
Duties and Responsibilities of chef jobs in Canada
Chef plans and directs food preparation, decoration, and cooking activities and cooks meals and specialty foods as per the order of customers. Chefs are specially hired in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and other health care institutions, clubs and similar establishments, central food commissaries, and on cruise ships.
Executive chefs have to perform some or all of the following job functions:
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities as ordered by customers of hotels and restaurants in an establishment, hospitals, or other establishments that provide food services
- Consult with customers regarding weddings, banquets, and specialty functions
- Create attractive menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food service requirements and may estimate food material and labor costs
- Supervise the performance of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, junior chefs, and line cooks
- Manage equipment purchases and maintenance
- Recruit and hire cooking staff
- May prepare and cook food on-demand or regular basis, or for special guests or functions
Sous-chefs perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise the performance of specialist chefs, junior chefs, line cooks, and other kitchen helpers
- Demonstrate new cooking methods and new equipment to the cooking staff
- May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
- May prepare meals or specialty foods
Other Responsibilities Chefs and Specialists may have to Perform
- Prepare complete meals or specialty foods, such as sauces, soups, pastries, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and manage decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
- Create and demonstrate new local and international recipes
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- May plan menu items
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies